This course is divided into two parts. You can elect to take either session or both, whatever suits your needs.
One of the most common issues I see while conducting my sessions is the coordination between the technical operation of one’s camera and creative efforts. A bit of practice can speed up the technical side of things. Once you’re comfortable with that it’s time to determine how to compose and how to make your best photograph.
Both sessions (Part 1 and Part 2) are prioritized on making your photographic composition. Although I offer composition techniques in almost all my sessions, here it will the absolute priority. Tools and techniques will be incorporated to help you achieve your goals.
Each session is conducted “in the field” ensuring real-time solutions to the varied and changing conditions typically encountered.
***Take both Sessions and save $ 50!
Part 1 – Theory and Basic Techniques – 4 hours $225
- What makes a great composition – discussion
- Evaluate the scene for light and tonality
- Rules “yes or no”
- Elements – Primary, placement, etc
- “Strong” compositions
- Use of “Negative” space
- Intent & effectiveness
- Do’s and Don’ts
- San Francisco – Embarcadero Center Plaza – Location Info
- Mt Tamalpais – Marin County – Location Info
- Sausalito – Gabrielson Park – Location Info
Part 2 – Advanced Techniques – 8 hours $450
- Shape, Texture & Tonalities
- Filters and other tools
- Pathways to your Main Element of the image
- Setting up your composition for the Post Editing process
- How to prevent and solve problems
Select the starting time and location of your choice to get started when you sign up. If you’d like to change the start time it’s no problem. We’ll handle that when John contacts you.
If using a coupon code – you can enter it in the cart page